Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Miss U

After about an hour of talking Jake's ear off about work and about my sister, a D.C. lobbyist for the ACLU, the beer got stale and I wanted something more exciting, so I asked Mike to make me a Blue Hawaiian martini.

"What's your vodka preference, Tristyn?"
"I've got to go with the Goose, Mike."

Jake finished off his third glass of Crown and Red Bull and asked if I wanted to play pool.
"You know I suck at pool," I told him.
"Yes, I remember, but let me show you a few things."
"Um, the last time you showed me something, I ended up naked in your car," I teased.
"Tristyn, that was a long time ago. We are just friends now. Come here."

Jake placed the pool stick in my hands and came around behind me to position my arms. He moved his hands down to my hips and forcefully put them in a specific position. My breathing became rapid and when he moved his hands, I put them back. Then I wrapped his arms around my waist and just held them there. I felt his breath on my neck as he leaned forward. I turned around and I kissed him in the slowest and most passionate kiss.

Jake's kiss was everything I remembered. It was such a perfect mixture of lips and tongue - more lips than tongue. I didn't want to stop, but suddenly that fucking angel appeared. The guilt and remorse suddenly gave way and I realized that I needed to leave. I really didn't want to leave, but I needed to.

"I'm sorry, Jake. I know I said I would stay, but I can't. I'm so sorry!"

"Tristyn, it's okay. I understand. I'm sorry for even being a part of this. But you know how I feel about you. It's hard to just turn away."

"I know, I know. I really have to leave. I don't want to, but I have to."

"Okay. Let me walk you to your car."

I grabbed my coat and Jake walked me to my car. We said our goodbyes with only a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I told him I would talk to him after the weekend.

On the way home, I called Matthew. He was just leaving the UFC fight and on his way home.

"I missed you," he told me. That only made me feel worse, of course. But, I responded with the classic, "I miss you too. See you at home." I hung up the phone and texted Jake, "miss u."

No comments:

Post a Comment